The BMW i4 is an electric vehicle that draws attention due to its superior performance characteristics as well as its economical driving pleasure. It is also BMW’s first sedan-sized electric vehicle. As of 2023, the BMW i4 comes in three variants:
- BMW i4 eDrive35: It has a 281 horsepower electric motor and a range of 298 miles (480 kilometers) on a single charge.
- BMW i4 eDrive40: It has a 340 horsepower electric motor and a range of 367 miles (590 kilometers) on a single charge.
- BMW i4 M50: It has a 544 horsepower electric motor and a range of 317 miles (510 kilometers) on a single charge. Furthermore, with M Performance hardware, this model provides improved performance.
- BMW i4 M50s: This model, which has not yet been released, is expected to have a power output of around 600 horsepower and will provide better performance than other models.
Differences Between the 2023 BMW i4 and Previous Years
- Performance: It outperforms previous BMW i4 prototypes in terms of performance. The M Performance i4 models, in particular, provide better acceleration, top speed, and handling.
- Design and comfort: There are no significant design improvements. The front grille and visibility of the headlights have been improved.
- Range: The range of the 2023 BMW i4 is greater than that of previous models.
What Are the BMW i4 eDrive35’s Standard Specifications?
- A 12.3-inch digital instrument panel and a 14.9-inch central touch screen for the infotainment system (Live Cockpit Professional).
- An active driving assistant with a variety of driving assistance features such as a collision avoidance system, lane keeping system, and speed limit warning system.
- High and low-beam LED headlights.
- Climate control is automatic.
- A charging cable rated at 11 kW.
- Aerodynamic 18-inch rims.
- Front seats that are heated and adjustable in 8 modes.
- Parking sensors and a backup camera.
- It has Apple Car Play and Android Auto wireless systems.
Optional features may also include larger rims, leather seats, a more advanced audio system, and driving assistance features.
What are the Differences Between the BMW i4 eDrive35 and BMW i4 eDrive40 Standard Packages?
The standard package specifications for the BMW eDrive35 and eDrive40 differ slightly. These distinctions are as follows.
- Instead of an 11 kW charging cable, the EDrive40 model comes standard with a 16 kW charging cable.
- The EDrive40 model has larger 19-inch aerodynamic rims, whereas the eDrive35 model has 18-inch aerodynamic rims.
- The battery can be charged faster thanks to the fast charging option included as standard on the EDrive40 model.
- The BMW i4 eDrive40 model comes with larger brake discs and calipers.
What is the Distinction Between a Standard BMW i4 M Package and Others?
To begin, the BMW i4 M50 differs from the i4 edrive35 and edrive40 in terms of performance, as well as appearance and features.
- The i4 M is more aggressive and sporty in appearance. The M sports package includes unique design elements such as wider side skirts, larger wheels, larger air intakes, and a diffuser.
- The i4 M features a specially tuned M sports suspension system for a more challenging and dynamic ride. It has a stiffer chassis for improved performance and handling.
- The M sport brakes on the i4 M include larger discs, larger brake calipers, and better heat-treated brakes.
- The i4 M has a sportier interior with M-design seats, an M sports leather steering wheel, an M sports cockpit, and other M details.
Your choice of model is determined by your needs and preferences. The BMW i4 eDrive35 and eDrive40 may be the right choice for you if you want more range and a lower price. The BMW i4 M50 may be more suitable if you want more performance and features. However, because higher performance and features are likely to be more expensive, it is critical that you make a decision that fits your preferences and budget.